03 September 2017

goodbye, august


I think one of the secrets to life is not allowing yourself to be troubled. Don't freak out. Stop stressing. Take a moment, and calm, please.

I think it's essentially what the mystics have been telling us all along: detachment. I might be wrong about this, but I think that's what St. Teresa of Avila means when she says to distance yourself from the world. Distance yourself from physical possessions, temporal friendships, petty (or even legitimate) hobbies, but also any form of worry. Worry is something you can be attached to, just like any of the other items named.

//

I write these words with all the authority of a college senior. Jk. But I am a senior now (time flies... I remember posting on this blog about the high school summer program) and these thoughts are good to reflect upon as I begin life again as a full time student with a 22 hour work week and a senior thesis that needs to be written. (Will I have a social life? Will I have more than 6 hours of sleep every night? Who knows.) Although, I'm always wishing I could write more.

Hello, September

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with Senior year, Samantha!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mariah!!
      (I've been enjoying the updates on your life too ;))

      Delete
  2. senior year already!!?! all the best to you on this last leg of the journey. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right??

      It's good to see you and the girls have been doing so well!
      <3

      Delete

Your comments make my day. ♥